lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Stephane James Vaucher <vauch...@cirano.qc.ca>
Subject RE: what is wrong with query
Date Wed, 25 Aug 2004 07:19:28 GMT
From: http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/queryparsersyntax.html

Fuzzy Searches

Lucene supports fuzzy searches based on the Levenshtein Distance, or
Edit Distance algorithm. To do a fuzzy search use the tilde, "~", symbol
at the end of a Single word Term.

I haven't used fuzzy searches, but it seems to indicate that it can only
be used with single word terms. The query parser might have been written
to support that (the output indicates that as well).

HTH,
sv