lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Ben Litchfield <...@csh.rit.edu>
Subject Re: Fw: pdf search
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:34:23 GMT

In order to search through a PDF document the text must be extracted from
the PDF document.  There are several libraries to do that, including
http://www.pdfbox.org   After you have the text from the PDF document you
just add it to the lucene index like any other text document.  You should
go through the intro tutorial to understand how to index/search text using
lucene.

Ben

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004, Santosh wrote:

> How can I search through PDF?

I want to give my own search words, how is it possible?