lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From iouli.golova...@group.novartis.com
Subject Re: MultiSearcher to Indexing.
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:22:34 GMT

Hi Vladimir,

Can You please explain me what's the benefit of this approach and why
_pickles_?

I f I understand correctly the ?-n was how to make query run paralelly on
multi-index. Is ParalelMultiSearcher not for this?

Regards,
Joel

                      "Vladimir Yuryev"

                      <vyuryev@rambler.        To:       "Lucene Users List" <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>

                      ru>                      cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: MultiSearcher to Indexing.

                      13.08.2004 06:45

                      Please respond to        Category:       |-------------------------|

                      "Lucene Users                            | ( ) Action needed       |

                      List"                                    | ( ) Decision needed     |

                                                               | ( ) General Information |

                                                               |-------------------------|

Natarajan,

MultiSeacher - it is well, but this a way have pickles.

Example, but it is not sample:

public Query combine(Query[] queries) throws IOException {
     if (expandedQueries.length < 2) {
         return queries[0];
     }
     Query[] combined = new Query[2];
     combined[0] = new BooleanQuery();
     BooleanQuery.setMaxClauseCount(10000);
     for (int i = 0; i < queries.length; i++) {
         combined[1] = queries[i];
         if (queries[i] instanceof BooleanQuery ||
             queries[i] instanceof MultiTermQuery ||
             queries[i] instanceof PrefixQuery ||
             queries[i] instanceof RangeQuery) {
             combined[0] = Query.mergeBooleanQueries(combined);
         } else if (queries[i] instanceof PhraseQuery) {
             Term[] queryTerms = ((PhraseQuery)queries[i]).getTerms();
             for (int j = 0; j < queryTerms.length; j++) {
                 TermQuery q = new TermQuery(queryTerms[j]);
                 ((BooleanQuery)combined[0]).add(q, true, false);
             }
         } else ((BooleanQuery)combined[0]).add(queries[i], true,
false);
     }
     return combined[0];
}

     Searcher[] searchers = new IndexSearcher[indexName.length];
     for(int i=0;i<indexName.length;i++) {
         searchers[i] = new IndexSearcher(indexName[i]);
     }
     MultiSearcher multiSearcher=new MultiSearcher(searchers);
     QueryParser qp = new QueryParser(FIELD_CONTENTS, analyzer);
     query = QueryParser.parse(queryString, FIELD_CONTENTS, analyzer);
     hits = multiSearcher.search(query);
     IndexReader reader[] = new IndexReader[indexName.length];
     Query[] expandedQueries=new Query[indexName.length];
     for(int i=0;i<indexName.length;i++){
IndexReader.open(indexName[i]);
         expandedQueries[i]=query.rewrite(reader[i]);
     }
     query=combine(expandedQueries);

Best regards,
Vladimir.