lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From iouli.golova...@group.novartis.com
Subject weird lock behavior
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 15:57:26 GMT
Hi,
I experienced following situation:

Suddenly my query became too slow (c.10sec instead of c.1sec) and the
number of returned hits changed from c. 2000 to c.1800.

Tracing the case I've found locking file "abc.......-commit.lck". After
deletion of this file everything turned back to normal behavior, i.e. I
got my 2000 hits in 1sec.

There were no concurent writing or reading processes running parallely.

Probably the lock file was lost because of abnormal termination ( during
development it's ok, but may happen in production as well)
My question is how to handle such situation,  find out and repair in case
it happens (in real life there are many concurensy processes and I have no
idea which lock file to kill).