lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karthik N S" <kart...@controlnet.co.in>
Subject RE: Index Size
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 07:59:39 GMT
Guys

   Are u Using the Optimizing  the index before close process.....

  If not try using it...  :}

karthik

-----Original Message-----
From: Honey George [mailto:honey_george@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 1:00 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Index Size

Hi,
 Please check for hidden files in the index folder. If
you are using linx, do something like

ls -al <index folder>

I am also facing a similar problem where the index
size is greater than the data size. In my case there
were some hidden temproary files which the lucene
creates.
That was taking half of the total size.

My problem is that after deleting the temporary files,
the index size is same as that of the data size. That
again seems to be a problem. I am yet to find out the
reason..

Thanks,
   george