lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karthik N S" <kart...@controlnet.co.in>
Subject RE: AnalyZer HELP Please
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2004 13:23:01 GMT
Hi

Erik

  Apologies.......

  What I ment to Say was,  a word such as "New Year"  (Quotes means  "\"" )
  on  QueryParser.parse(word, "contents", analyzer) should return me hits
for the full word,
  but it did not.

 So when I  did a quick run on Analyzer process and
 found that it was splitting the Word

  "New Year"  =  [New]  [Year]

 Am I doing some thing wrong in here....

Thx in advance.....
Karthik

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik@ehatchersolutions.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 6:18 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: AnalyZer HELP Please

This is what analyzers do.  I don't know of any analyzer that deals
with quotes in the way you're requesting, by keeping the contents
together as a complete token.  You'll have to write your own variant
that does this.

QueryParser, however, uses quotes to denote a phrase query, and will
query for the words together.  Perhaps this is sufficient for your
needs?

	Erik