lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Karthik N S" <>
Subject RE: Restoring a corrupt index
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:05:11 GMT
Hi Guys....

   In Our Situation we would be indexing  Million & Millions of Information

  with  Huge Giga Bytes of Data Indexed  and  finally would be  put into a
MERGED INDEX, Categorized accordingly.

  There may be a possibility of Corruption,  So Please do post  the code

-----Original Message-----
From: Honey George []
Sent: Wednesday, August 18, 2004 5:51 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Restoring a corrupt index

Thanks Erik, that worked. I was able to remove the
corrupt index and now it looks like the index is OK. I
was able to view the number of documents in the index.
Before that I was getting the error, read past EOF

I am yet to find out how my index got corrupted. There
is another thread going on about this topic,

If anybody is facing similar problem and is interested
in the code I can post it here.