lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Breidenbach <j...@jab.org>
Subject Re: Debian build problem with 1.4.1
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 17:05:27 GMT

Ok, Lucene 1.4.1 has been uploaded to Debian. Hopefully it will have
enough time to percolate before the sarge release.

Now that that is taken care of, I'm curious about the status of gcj
compilation. Packaging Lucene as a native library might be useful for
projects such as PyLucene, and it is also advantageous for license
reasons i.e. avoiding the non-free JVM dependency. What's the current
gcj compilation recipe? The best I could find on Google (below) seems
a little bit stale.

http://www.mail-archive.com/lucene-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg04131.html

Cheers,
Jeff