lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Wermus Fernando" <fernando.wer...@xlnet.net.ar>
Subject RE: complex searche (newbie)
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 18:08:22 GMT
Thanks :)

	It Works :) . One more question. I need to order the hits by a
field in contact called lastname. What do I have to add to the query?

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Bernhard Messer [mailto:Bernhard.Messer@intrafind.de]
Enviado el: Jueves, 26 de Agosto de 2004 02:17 p.m.
Para: Lucene Users List
Asunto: Re: complex searche (newbie)

hi,

in general the query parser doesn't allow queries which start with a
wildcard Those queries could end up with very long response times and
block your system. This is not what you want.

I'm not sure if i understand what you want to do. I expect that you have

a field within a lucene document with name "type". For this field you
can have different values like "contact,account" etc. Now you want to
search all documents where type is "contact". So the query to do this
would be "type:contact", nothing else is required.

can you try that and give some feedback ?

best regards
Bernhard