lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Wermus Fernando" <fernando.wer...@xlnet.net.ar>
Subject complex searche (newbie)
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 16:57:49 GMT
I am using multifieldQueryParse to look up some models. I have several
models: account, contacts, tasks, etc. The user chooses models and a
query string to look up. Besides fields for searching, I add some
conditions to the query string.

If he puts "john" to look up and chooses contacts, I add to the query
string the following

Query string: "john and type:contact"

But, If he wants to look up any contact, multifieldQueryParse throws an
exception. In these case, the query string is the following:

Query string: "* and type:contact"

Am I choosing the wrong QueryParser or is there another easy way to look
up several fields and the same time any content?