lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rupinder Singh Mazara" <rsmaz...@ebi.ac.uk>
Subject RE: lucene and ejb applications
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 11:54:37 GMT
hi erik

 thanks for the warning and the code.
 Let me re-phrase the question,

 i have a index generated by lucene, i need to have the search capabilty
 to have a high availabilty. What solutions would be the most optimal

 Currentlly i have two senarions in mind
  a) setup a RMI based app. that on start-up initializes a IndexSearcher
object
     and waits for invocation of a method like Vector executeQuery(Query )

  b) create a web based app(jsp/servlet or struts)  that initialises the
IndexSearcher object, and stores in the servletContext on intialization, and
all request invoke the Hits search(Query q)

  with senario a)  i can have more control over updates, insert, and deletes
  where as with  senario b) has higher availabilty

 I want to create and store the IndexSearcher object, during initailization
to save on
 mutlitple open and reads. once updates are ready signal can be sent to
block further searches while the updates are integrated into the existing