lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Searching without a specified field
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2004 19:08:03 GMT
I suggest you aggregate all the text you want searchable into a single
field during indexing.  Then search that field at query time instead.

The alternative is to build up a (potentially huge) BooleanQuery using
that string for each field.  The MultiFieldQueryParser can do this, but
its not pretty and I'm not fond of it.

	Erik