lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Kiselevski" <>
Subject RE: Range query problem
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 09:57:55 GMT

Thanks, I'll try it

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Naber []
Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 12:59 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Range query problem

On Thursday 26 August 2004 11:02, Alex Kiselevski wrote:

> I have a strange problem with range query "PERIOD:[1 TO 9]" It works
> only if the second parameter is equals or less than 9 If it's greater
> than 9 , it finds no documents

You have to store your numbers so that they will appear in the right
when sorted lexicographically, e.g. save 1 as 01 if you save numbers up
99, or as 0001 if you save numbers up to 9999. You also have to use this

format for searching I think.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

Thank you.