lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Toby Tremayne <Toby.Trema...@lonelyplanet.com.au>
Subject multiple field search
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2004 06:04:43 GMT

Hi all,

            I want to sort my search results according to rankings - I've no
idea how this kind of thing is handled in lucene so I'll outline what I
need:

            I need to be able to support a situation like this - an index of
books, with a primaryAuthor field and secondaryAuthors field.  What I'd like
to do is have a document be ranked higher if the search term appears in the
primaryAuthor field, than it would be if it only appeared in
secondaryAuthor.

            That said, I still haven't worked out how to search using
multiple fields yet so any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

Toby

     Life is poetry - write it in your own words

Toby Tremayne

Development Team Leader

Code Poet and Zen Master of the Heavy Sleep

Lonely Planet Publications

+61 416 048 090

ICQ: 13107913

This email, including attachments, is intended only for the addressee
and may be confidential, privileged and subject to copyright.  If you
have received this email in error, please advise the sender and delete
it.  If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not
use, copy or disclose its content to anyone.  You must not copy or
communicate to others content that is confidential or subject to
copyright, unless you have the consent of the content owner.