lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Cocula Remi" <rcoc...@sopragroup.com>
Subject RE: RemoteSearchable
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:19:08 GMT
It seams I need to use the close method of the RemoteSearchable.
If so I am sorry for having posting this message.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Cocula Remi
Envoyé : lundi 30 août 2004 12:08
À : lucene-user
Objet : RemoteSearchable

When you create a RemoteSearchable object and bind it to the rmi registry then you can not
rebuild the index until the RemoteSearchable object  is bound  because the files are used
by the RemoteSearchable object.

To fix that , when I want to rebuild my index, I unbind the RemoteSearchable object and assigns
it the value null;
But it takes a few minutes to really free the files (probably because the garbage collector
has not yet done it's job).
How could I make that the files occupied by the RemoteSearchable object be free immediatly
after unbinding it ?

Note : it's not a typicall lucene question but perhaps it concern the RemoteSearchable class.