lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bernhard Messer <Bernhard.Mes...@intrafind.de>
Subject Re: weird lock behavior
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:24:38 GMT
hi,

the IndexReader class provides some public static methodes to check if
an index is locked. If this is the case, there is also a method to
unlock an existing index. You could do something like:

Directory dir = FSDirectory.getDirectory(indexDir, false);
if (IndexReader.isLocked(dir)) {
    IndexReader.unlock(dir);
}
dir.close();

You also should catch the possible IOException in case of an error or
the index can't be unlocked.

fun with it
Bernhard