lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bernhard Messer <Bernhard.Mes...@intrafind.de>
Subject Re: complex searche (newbie)
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 17:17:02 GMT
hi,

in general the query parser doesn't allow queries which start with a
wildcard Those queries could end up with very long response times and
block your system. This is not what you want.

I'm not sure if i understand what you want to do. I expect that you have
a field within a lucene document with name "type". For this field you
can have different values like "contact,account" etc. Now you want to
search all documents where type is "contact". So the query to do this
would be "type:contact", nothing else is required.

can you try that and give some feedback ?

best regards
Bernhard