lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Don Vaillancourt <d...@webimpact.com>
Subject Re: worddoucments search
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 12:33:11 GMT
I could ber wrong, but I don't think that there is an indexer for word
documents.

There's a Python version of Lucene called Lupy with a Python indexer for
all sorts of document types (http://www.methods.co.nz/docindexer/).
Would anyone be willing to port those over.  Although the MSWord indexer
only words on MSWindows and you may need MSWord for it to work.  Man,
that's no good.

I think that we'd need to ask the OpenOffice people for help on this.

Santosh wrote:

>Can lucene be able to search word documents? if so please give me information about it
>
>regards
>Santosh kumar
>

>-----------------------SOFTPRO DISCLAIMER------------------------------
>
>Information contained in this E-MAIL and any attachments are
>confidential being  proprietary to SOFTPRO SYSTEMS  is 'privileged'
>and 'confidential'.
>
>If you are not an intended or authorised recipient of this E-MAIL or
>have received it in error, You are notified that any use, copying or
>dissemination  of the information contained in this E-MAIL in any
>manner whatsoever is strictly prohibited. Please delete it immediately
>and notify the sender by E-MAIL.
>
>In such a case reading, reproducing, printing or further dissemination
>of this E-MAIL is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
>SOFTPRO SYSYTEMS does not REPRESENT or WARRANT that an attachment
>hereto is free from computer viruses or other defects.
>
>The opinions expressed in this E-MAIL and any ATTACHEMENTS may be
>those of the author and are not necessarily those of SOFTPRO SYSTEMS.

*Don Vaillancourt
Director of Software Development
*
*WEB IMPACT INC.*
phone: 416-815-2000 ext. 245
fax: 416-815-2001
email: donv@web-impact.com <mailto:donv@webimpact.com>
web: http://www.web-impact.com

/ This email message is intended only for the addressee(s)
copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or
any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is
/