lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Debian build problem with 1.4.1
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:33:07 GMT
I can successfully use gcc 3.4.0 with Lucene as follows:

ant jar jar-demo

gcj -O3 build/lucene-1.5-rc1-dev.jar build/lucene-demos-1.5-rc1-dev.jar
-o indexer --main=org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML

./indexer -create docs

It runs pretty snappy too!  However I don't know if there's much milage
in packaging Lucene as a native library.  It's easy enough for folks to
compile Lucene this way, and applications built this way are pretty
small.  The big thing to install is libgcj.

Doug