lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NegativeArraySizeException when creating a new IndexSearcher
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 21:08:57 GMT
Looks to me like you're using an older version of Lucene on your Linux 
box.  The code is back-compatible, it will read old indexes, but Lucene 
1.3 cannot read indexes created by Lucene 1.4, and will fail in the way 
you describe.

Doug

Sven wrote:
> Hi!
> 
> I have a problem to port a Lucene based knowledgebase from Windows to Linux.
> On Windows it works fine whereas I get a NegativeArraySizeException on Linux
> when I try to initialise a new IndexSearcher to search the index. Deleting
> and rebuilding the index didn't help. I checked permissions, file path and
> lock_dir but as far as I can say they seem to be all right. As I couldn't
> find another one with the same problem I guess I've overlooked sth, but I've
> run out of ideas. I use lucene-1.4-rc2 and tomcat 5.0.18. Can someone help
> me please with this or has an idea?
> 
> Kind regards,
> Sven
> 
> java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
>  at
> org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReader.readIndex(TermInfosReader.java:106)
>  at org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReader.<init>(TermInfosReader.java:82)
>  at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.<init>(SegmentReader.java:141)
>  at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.<init>(SegmentReader.java:120)
>  at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader$1.doBody(IndexReader.java:118)
>  at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock$With.run(Lock.java:148)
>  at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:111)
>  at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:99)
>  at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.<init>(IndexSearcher.java:75)
>  at
> com.sykon.knowledgebase.action.ListQueryResultAction.act(ListQueryResultActi
> on.java:134)
>  at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActTypeNode.invoke(ActTyp
> eNode.java:159)
>  at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActionSetNode.call(Action
> SetNode.java:121)
>  at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActSetNode.invoke(ActSetN
> ode.java:98)
>  at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84)
>  at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok
> e(PreparableMatchNode.java:165)
>  at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
>  at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel
> ineNode.java:162)
>  at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
>  at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe
> linesNode.java:136)
>  at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
> or.java:371)
>  at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
> or.java:312)
>  at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNod
> e.java:133)
>  at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84)
>  at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok
> e(PreparableMatchNode.java:165)
>  at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
>  at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel
> ineNode.java:162)
>  at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
> keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
>  at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe
> linesNode.java:136)
>  at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
> or.java:371)
>  at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
> or.java:312)
>  at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:656)
>  at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1112)
>  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Application
> FilterChain.java:284)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterCh
> ain.java:204)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.
> java:742)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDis
> patcher.java:506)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatch
> er.java:443)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher
> .java:359)
>  at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doForward(PageContextImpl.java:712
> )
>  at
> org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:682)
>  at
> org.apache.jsp.knowlegebase.controller_jsp._jspService(controller_jsp.java:8
> 44)
>  at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:133)
>  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
>  at
> org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:3
> 11)
>  at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:301)
>  at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:248)
>  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(Application
> FilterChain.java:284)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterCh
> ain.java:204)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.ja
> va:257)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:151)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContext
> Valve.java:245)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.ja
> va:199)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:151)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:195
> )
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:151)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:164
> )
>  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
> ntext.java:149)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:578)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:149)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java
> :156)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
> t.java:151)
>  at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
>  at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:972)
>  at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:206)
>  at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:828)
>  at
> org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConne
> ction(Http11Protocol.java:700)
>  at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:584)
>  at
> org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.jav
> a:683)
>  at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
> 
> 
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: lucene-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: lucene-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: lucene-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: lucene-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message