lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Don Vaillancourt <d...@webimpact.com>
Subject Re: Indexing and Searching Database in Lucene
Date Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:19:17 GMT
Funy thing is I was thinking of doing something like this just today.
This is especially good when you perform a lot of queries using the LIKE
statement.  Lucene would increase search performance a great deal.

Aviran wrote:

>You need to create a lucene index from the database.
>Just  index the columns and the records from the database.
>It will be useful to have also a field in lucene that contains the
>database's primary key, so you can retrieve the actual record from the
>database
>
>Aviran

*Don Vaillancourt
Director of Software Development
*
*WEB IMPACT INC.*
phone: 416-815-2000 ext. 245
fax: 416-815-2001
email: donv@web-impact.com <mailto:donv@webimpact.com>
web: http://www.web-impact.com

/ This email message is intended only for the addressee(s)
copyright. If you are not the intended recipient please
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or
any attachments are free of viruses. Virus scanning is
/