lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Kevin A. Burton" <bur...@newsmonster.org>
Subject Performance when computing computing a filter using hundreds of diff terms.
Date Thu, 05 Aug 2004 21:32:08 GMT
I'm trying to compute a filter to match documents in our index by a set
of terms.

For example some documents have a given field 'category' so I need to
compute a filter with mulitple categories.

The problem is that our category list is > 200 items so it takes about
80 seconds to compute.  We cache it of course but this seems WAY too slow.

Is there anything I could do to speed it up?  Maybe run the queries
myself and then combine the bitsets?

We're using a BooleanQuery with nested TermQueries to build up the
filter...

Kevin

--

Please reply using PGP.