lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Yonik Seeley <ysee...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: speeding up queries (MySQL faster)
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 15:00:31 GMT
FYI, this optimization resulted in a fantastic
performance boost!  I went from 133 queries/sec to 990
queries per sec!  I'm now more limited by socket
overhead, as I get 1700 queries/sec when I stick the
clients right in the same process as the server.

Oddly enough, the performance increased, but the CPU
utilization decreased to around 55% (in both
configurations above).  I'll have to look into that
later, but any additional performance at this point is
pure gravy.

-Yonik