lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <>
Subject Re: weird lock behavior
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 19:54:23 GMT

This sounds like something that should never happen.  It never happens
for me at - and I use Lucene A LOT there.  My guess is that
the problem with the commit lock has to do with misuse of
IndexReader/Searcher.  Like with the memory leak issue, please try
isolating the problem in a unit test that we (Lucene developers) can
run on our machines.

--- wrote:

> Hi,
> I experienced following situation:
> Suddenly my query became too slow (c.10sec instead of c.1sec) and the
> number of returned hits changed from c. 2000 to c.1800.
> Tracing the case I've found locking file "abc.......-commit.lck".
> After
> deletion of this file everything turned back to normal behavior, i.e.
> got my 2000 hits in 1sec.
> There were no concurent writing or reading processes running
> parallely.
> Probably the lock file was lost because of abnormal termination (
> during
> development it's ok, but may happen in production as well)
> My question is how to handle such situation,  find out and repair in
> case
> it happens (in real life there are many concurensy processes and I
> have no
> idea which lock file to kill).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: