lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Is Lucene right for me ?
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 11:33:38 GMT
Ivane,

Yes, you can use Lucene for this.  10 mil. documents is not much, if
you use adequate hardware.  You can use boost individual documents
(check the javadocs for Document and Field classes).

Are you aware of Nutch, though?  It sounds like you are not, and Nutch
is probably the best tool for the job (and it uses Lucene under the
hood). www.nutch.org

Otis