lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From roy-lucene-u...@xemaps.com
Subject Re: Custom filter
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2004 14:50:37 GMT
On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 20:01:36 -0400, Erik Hatcher wrote

> On Aug 20, 2004, at 6:48 PM, roy-lucene-user@xemaps.com wrote:
> > We're currently in lucene 1.2... haven't moved to 1.3 yet.
>
> Skip 1.3 and go straight to 1.4.1 :)
>
> Upgrade - why not?

Well we have some MASSIVE indexes so updating needs to be planned out.  In the
meantime we continue with 1.2.  So, just for curiousity's sake... any clue on
the filter?  Or perhaps someone could clue me in on what kind of terms the
query parser creates ( and what the searcher class does with them ) when it
has something like "(From:(blah OR blah2) OR To:(blah OR blah2))".  Tried to
look at the QueryParser.jj file but javacc makes my head hurt...

Roy.