lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From David Sitsky <s...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Re: Re: OutOfMemoryError
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 01:14:11 GMT
> I tried to reuse the IndexSearcher, but I have another question. What
> happen if an application server unloads the class after it is idle for a
> while, and then re-instantiate the object back when it recieves a new
> request?

The EJB spec takes this into account, as there are hook methods you can
define that get called when your EJB object is about to be passivated or
activated.  Search for something like passivate/active and/or
ejbLoad/ejbSave.  This is where you should close/open your single index
searcher object.

--
Cheers,
David

This message is intended only for the named recipient.  If you are not the
or taking any action  in reliance on the contents of this information is
strictly prohibited.