lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Honey George <honey_geo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Index Size
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 07:29:44 GMT
Hi,
 Please check for hidden files in the index folder. If
you are using linx, do something like

ls -al <index folder>

I am also facing a similar problem where the index
size is greater than the data size. In my case there
were some hidden temproary files which the lucene
creates.
That was taking half of the total size.

My problem is that after deleting the temporary files,
the index size is same as that of the data size. That
again seems to be a problem. I am yet to find out the
reason..

Thanks,
   george