lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Honey George <honey_geo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Restoring a corrupt index
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 12:20:56 GMT
Thanks Erik, that worked. I was able to remove the
corrupt index and now it looks like the index is OK. I
was able to view the number of documents in the index.
Before that I was getting the error,
java.io.IOException: read past EOF

I am yet to find out how my index got corrupted. There
is another thread going on about this topic,
http://www.mail-archive.com/lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg03165.html

If anybody is facing similar problem and is interested
in the code I can post it here.

Thanks,
  George

http://jakarta.apache.org/lucene/docs/fileformats.html