lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From markharw...@yahoo.co.uk
Subject Re: Highlighter and HTML tags
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2004 22:41:58 GMT
The highlighter certainly doesn't support this requirement currently - but it is designed to
work with
a pluggable choice of Formatter class should you choose to implement this specialized formatting
code.

The highlighter is typically used to select the "best" sections from a piece of text, too.
If you use this feature and
your text still retains the original HTML markup then you will need to provide a custom Fragmenter
class that
does intelligent document subdivision, which avoids leaving unclosed tags.

This is the first request I've seen to do highlighting on text with the original HTML markup
still in it.
Its a complex requirement so its not something I plan to invest time developing a solution
for but if you want to
provide a Formatter and Fragmenter that works with this I will be more than happy to include
it in the
highlighter code base!

Cheers
Mark