lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Terence Lai <t...@trekspace.com>
Subject RE: Re: Re: OutOfMemoryError
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 01:39:08 GMT
Hi David,

In my test program, I invoke the IndexSearcher.close() method at the end of the loop. However,
it doesn't seems to release the memory. My concern is that even though I put the IndexSearcher.close()
statement in the hook methods, it may not release all the memory until the application server
is shut down. Every time the EJB object is re-actived, a new IndexSearcher is open. If the
resources allocated to the previous IndexSearcher cannot be fully released, the system will
use up more memory. Eventually, it may run into the OutOfMemoryError.

I am not very familiar with EJB. My interpretation could be wrong. I am going to try the hook
methods. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

Terence