lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Rob Jose" <rjos...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Index Size
Date Thu, 19 Aug 2004 18:03:38 GMT
Grant
Thanks for your response.  I have fixed this issue.  I have indexed 5 MB
worth of text files and I now only use 224 KB.  I was getting 80 MB.  The
only change I made was to change the way I merge my temp index into my prod
index.  My code changed from:
prodWriter.setUseCompoundFile(true);

prodWriter.addIndexes(new IndexReader[] { tempReader });

int iNumDocs = tempReader.numDocs();

for (int y = 0; y < iNumDocs; y++) {

Document tempDoc = tempReader.document(y);

prodWriter.addDocument(tempDoc);

}

I don't know if this is a bug in the IndexWriter.addIndexes(IndexReader)
method or something else I am doing that caused this, but I am getting much
better results now.

Thanks to everyone who helped, I really appreciate it.

Rob