lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ernesto De Santis" <>
Subject short document is more important.
Date Mon, 30 Aug 2004 16:32:17 GMT

In my index I have one document that is very short and in your body repeate
"no funciona" (don´t work) two times. The problem is that this document,
often appears in the first positions. Inclusively when it does not have much
in common with the search input text.

For example:

The very short document A have "mi teclado no funciona" (my keyboard don´t
work), two times.

If I put "mi mouse no funciona" (my mouse don´t work), the document A
appears in the firts positions. This is very bad for me.

I think in put "no" in the stop words, but this is good solution? I lost
this important word for many others documents.

Which is the best solution?

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: