lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Demetrio Zenti" <d.ze...@dthink.biz>
Subject Rename but not reindex
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2004 12:23:20 GMT
I apologise if it's a stupid question...

I index Document objects having 2 fields:
 - 1° representing file name. It's code is
   Field fieldPath = new Field("FIELD_FILENAME", filename, true, false,
false);

 - 2° representing body of this file
   Field fieldSize = new Field("FIELD_CONTENT", filebody, false, true,
true);

I've indexed all documents of a folder, let's say C:\tmp, and of its
subfolders.
Now I rename C:\tmp into C:\temp, and I want to update index, but
I don't want to reindex all documents, because sometimes it's much
expensive.

Is there any way to update a field of a Document (in this case
"FIELD_FILENAME") without reindexing?

Thanks

   Demetrio