lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aviran" <>
Subject RE: Question on number of fields in a document.
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2004 18:09:03 GMT
You should be fine, no problem with the number of fields

-----Original Message-----
From: John Z []
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 12:23 PM
Subject: Question on number of fields in a document.

I had a question related to number of fields in a document. Is there any
limit to the number of fields you can have in an index.
We have around 25-30 fields per document at present, about 6 are keywords,
Around 6 stored, but not indexed and rest of them are text, which is
analyzed and indexed fields. We are planning on adding around 24 more fields
, mostly keywords.
Does anyone see any issues with this? Impact to search or index ?

Do you Yahoo!?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message