lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Natarajan.T" <>
Subject RE: MultiSearcher to Indexing.
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2004 15:21:13 GMT
Thanks for your response.
Ok I can understand the concept ..... if you have any sample code pls
sent it to me.

You have any idea about Parallel Searcher pls share to me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Terence Lai []
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 8:40 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: RE: MultiSearcher to Indexing.

This is how I do it:

IndexSearcher[] is = new IndexSearcher[2];

is[0] = new IndexSearcher(IndexDir1); // first index folder
is[1] = new IndexSearcher(IndexDir2); // second index folder

MultiSearcher searcher = new MultiSearcher(is);;

I think that the MulitSearcher is only doing sequential search.
Alternately, you can use ParallelMultiSearcher which allows you to do
the search in parallel.

Hope this helps,

> I have an Indexing files in different folders, in this time how can I
> doing  the Searching process using MultiSearcher.
> Thanks,
> Natarajan.

Get your free email account from
          Your Internet Virtual Desktop!