lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Sven" <sven.pet...@sykon.com>
Subject NegativeArraySizeException when creating a new IndexSearcher
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2004 16:51:49 GMT
Hi!

I have a problem to port a Lucene based knowledgebase from Windows to Linux.
On Windows it works fine whereas I get a NegativeArraySizeException on Linux
when I try to initialise a new IndexSearcher to search the index. Deleting
and rebuilding the index didn't help. I checked permissions, file path and
lock_dir but as far as I can say they seem to be all right. As I couldn't
find another one with the same problem I guess I've overlooked sth, but I've
run out of ideas. I use lucene-1.4-rc2 and tomcat 5.0.18. Can someone help
me please with this or has an idea?

Kind regards,
Sven

java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
 at
org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReader.readIndex(TermInfosReader.java:106)
 at org.apache.lucene.index.TermInfosReader.<init>(TermInfosReader.java:82)
 at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.<init>(SegmentReader.java:141)
 at org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.<init>(SegmentReader.java:120)
 at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader$1.doBody(IndexReader.java:118)
 at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock$With.run(Lock.java:148)
 at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:111)
 at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:99)
 at org.apache.lucene.search.IndexSearcher.<init>(IndexSearcher.java:75)
 at
com.sykon.knowledgebase.action.ListQueryResultAction.act(ListQueryResultActi
on.java:134)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActTypeNode.invoke(ActTyp
eNode.java:159)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActionSetNode.call(Action
SetNode.java:121)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.ActSetNode.invoke(ActSetN
ode.java:98)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:84)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PreparableMatchNode.invok
e(PreparableMatchNode.java:165)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Pipel
ineNode.java:162)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invo
keNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:107)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Pipe
linesNode.java:136)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
or.java:371)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(TreeProcess
or.java:312)
 at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.MountNode.invoke(MountNod
e.java:133)
[...]
 at org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:1112)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
 at
FilterChain.java:284)
 at
ain.java:204)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.
java:742)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.processRequest(ApplicationDis
patcher.java:506)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doForward(ApplicationDispatch
er.java:443)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.forward(ApplicationDispatcher
.java:359)
 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doForward(PageContextImpl.java:712
)
 at
org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward(PageContextImpl.java:682)
 at
org.apache.jsp.knowlegebase.controller_jsp._jspService(controller_jsp.java:8
44)
 at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:133)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
 at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:3
11)
 at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:301)
 at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:248)
 at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:856)
 at
FilterChain.java:284)
 at
ain.java:204)
 at
va:257)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContext
Valve.java:245)
 at
va:199)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:195
)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151)
 at
org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:164
)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveCo
ntext.java:149)
 at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:578)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:149)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
 at
:156)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContex
t.java:151)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:564)
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:972)
 at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:206)
 at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:828)
 at
ction(Http11Protocol.java:700)
 at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:584)
 at
a:683)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)