lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Grant Ingersoll" <gsing...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: authentication support in lucene
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 18:07:09 GMT
You maybe could use the HitCollector mechanism for search.  Do your ACL check as you add the
item to the HitCollector.  If the check fails, then don't add it to the Collector.

>>> john.wang@gmail.com 07/22/04 01:59PM >>>
Hi:

    Maybe this has been asked before.

    Is there a plan to support ACL check on the documents in lucene?
Say I have a customized ACL check module, e.g.:

     boolean ACLCheck(int docID,String user,String password);

     And have some sort of framework to plug in something like that.

    I was looking at the Filter class. I guess I can read the entire
index, for each document, feed it to the authentication module, if
authenticated, bitset the docID and return the BitSet instance. I
sounds very slow for large hits. I guess  I can play with cacheing
etc.

     Any other ideas?

Thanks

-John