lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "fp235-5" <julien.nio...@lingway.com>
Subject Re: release & migration plan
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 19:18:37 GMT
I am looking at the code to implement setIndexInterval() in IndexWriter. I'd
like to have your opinion on the best way to do it.

Currently the creation of an instance of TermInfosWriter requires the following
steps:
IndexWriter.addDocument(Document)
IndexWriter.addDocument(Document, Analyser)
DocumentWriter.addDocument(String, Document)
DocumentWriter.writePostings(Posting[],String)
TermInfosWriter.<init>

To give a different value to indexInterval in TermInfosWriter, we need to add a
variable holding this value into IndexWriter and DocumentWriter and modify the
constructors for DocumentWriter and TermInfosWriter. (quite heavy changes)

Another option is to use a static variable in IndexWriter or TermInfosWriter and
 access it directly.(quite dirty programming)

What would be the best solution for you? Is there another one?

Also what would be the effect of changing this value between the indexation of
two documents? (harmless ???)

Julien