lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Wu, Calvin" <Calvin...@advancemags.com>
Subject RE: write lock: cleaning an index
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2004 13:52:46 GMT
It looks like you didn't close the file handle properly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ravi Rao [mailto:rrao@alterpoint.com]
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 12:57 PM
To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: write lock: cleaning an index

All,

I have an application that has one IndexWriter.  Once in a while the
enclosing application is taken down with a kill and IndexWriter leaves a
lock file behind.  Other than removing the lock file, is there anything
else I can do to clean the index.

The only general solution I can think of is to index to a temporary
index and then every so often merge it with the master index, which
cannot be allowed to be corrupted.  In this scheme we lose only the
temporary index rather than the master index.

Many thanks,
--
Ravi/