lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aphinyanaphongs, Yindalon" <ping.p...@Vanderbilt.Edu>
Subject Post-sorted inverted index?
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2004 05:27:56 GMT
I gather from reading the documentation that the scores for each document hit are computed
at query time.  I have an application that, due to the complexity of the function, cannot
compute scores at query time.  Would it be possible for me to store the documents in pre-sorted
order in the inverted index? (i.e. after the initial index is created, to have a post processing
step to sort and reindex the final documents).

For example:
Document A - score 0.2
Document B - score 0.4
Document C - score 0.6

Thus for the word 'the', the stored order in the index would be C,B,A.

Thanks!