lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From wal...@Cyveillance.com
Subject RE: Searching against Database
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 12:48:56 GMT
If you know ahead of time which documents are viewable by a certain user
group you could add a field, such as group, and then when you index the
document you put the names of the user groups that are allowed to view that
document.  Then your query tool can append, for example "AND
group:developers" to the user's query.  Then you will not have to merge
results.

-Will

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergiu Gordea [mailto:gsergiu@ifit.uni-klu.ac.at]
Sent: Thursday, July 15, 2004 2:58 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: Searching against Database

Hi,

I have a simillar problem. I'm working on a web application in which the
users have different permissions.
Not all information stored in the index is public for all users.

The documents in Index are identified by the same  ID that the  rows
have in database tables.

I can get the  IDs of the documents that can be accesible by the user,
but if this are 1000, what will happen in Lucene?

 Is this a valid solution? Can anyone provide a better idea?

 Thanks,

 Sergiu