lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "O'Hare, Thomas" <>
Subject Browse by Letter within a Category
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 02:27:41 GMT
I would like to implement the following functionality:

- Search a specific field (category) and limit the search where the
title field begins with a given letter, and return the results sorted in
alphabetical order by title. Both the category and title fields are
tokenized, indexed and stored in the index (type Field.Text). How should
I construct the search and sort? I tried the following, but the titles
are not being displayed in alphabetical order:"category:\"Products\" AND title:\"A*\"", new

I want to display all results where Products is the category whose title
begins with the letter A, sorted in alphabetical order by title. I'm
using Lucene 1.4 final release.