lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "O'Hare, Thomas" <toh...@akamai.com>
Subject Browse by Letter within a Category
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 02:27:41 GMT
I would like to implement the following functionality:

- Search a specific field (category) and limit the search where the
title field begins with a given letter, and return the results sorted in
alphabetical order by title. Both the category and title fields are
tokenized, indexed and stored in the index (type Field.Text). How should
I construct the search and sort? I tried the following, but the titles
are not being displayed in alphabetical order:

Searcher.search("category:\"Products\" AND title:\"A*\"", new
Sort("title"));

I want to display all results where Products is the category whose title
begins with the letter A, sorted in alphabetical order by title. I'm
using Lucene 1.4 final release.

Thanks,
Tom