lucene-java-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "juan dix" <juandixon...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: lucene 1.4 final src build error
Date Fri, 16 Jul 2004 20:30:24 GMT
yes i deleted the build directory which contains the outputted class files.


>From: "Zhang, Lisheng" <Lisheng.Zhang@broadvision.com>
>Reply-To: "Lucene Users List" <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>To: "'Lucene Users List'" <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
>Subject: RE: lucene 1.4 final src build error
>Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 13:04:14 -0700
>
>Hi,
>
>Did you do a complete cleanup before compiling
>under JVM14x?
>
>Regards, Lisheng
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: juan dix [mailto:juandixon109@hotmail.com]
>Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 12:52 PM
>To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
>Subject: RE: lucene 1.4 final src build error
>
>
>thx but when installled java1.4 i am getting these errors now:
>
>#############################################
>
>D:\lucene-1.4-final>java -version
>java version "1.4.2_05"
>Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_05-b04)
>Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.2_05-b04, mixed mode)
>
>D:\lucene-1.4-final>ant
>Buildfile: build.xml
>
>init:
>     [mkdir] Created dir: D:\lucene-1.4-final\build
>
>compile-core:
>     [mkdir] Created dir: D:\lucene-1.4-final\build\classes\java
>     [javac] Compiling 160 source files to
>D:\lucene-1.4-final\build\classes\java
>
>      [rmic] RMI Compiling 1 class to 
>D:\lucene-1.4-final\build\classes\java
>      [rmic] error: Invalid class file format:
>D:\lucene-1.4-final\build\classes\
>java\org\apache\lucene\search\RemoteSearchable.class, wrong version: 46,
>expected 45
>
>
>
>      [rmic] error: Class org.apache.lucene.search.RemoteSearchable not
>found.
>
>
>
>      [rmic] 2 errors
>
>
>
>BUILD FAILED
>D:\lucene-1.4-final\build.xml:145: Rmic failed; see the compiler error
>output for details.
>
>Total time: 19 seconds
>D:\lucene-1.4-final>
>##########################################################
>
>Strange I never had a problem with building lucene1.3.  Please advise.
>Thanks.
>
>-juan
>
>
> >From: "Zhang, Lisheng" <Lisheng.Zhang@broadvision.com>
> >Reply-To: "Lucene Users List" <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> >To: "'Lucene Users List'" <lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org>
> >Subject: RE: lucene 1.4 final src build error Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004
> >11:13:31 -0700
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >What JVM version did you have, I guess possibly
> >yours is JVM1.3.x? From my experience I think
> >lucene 1.4 can only be compiled under JVM1.4.x.
> >
> >Regards, Lisheng
> >
> >-----Original Message-----
> >From: juan dix [mailto:juandixon109@hotmail.com]
> >Sent: Friday, July 16, 2004 10:58 AM
> >To: lucene-user@jakarta.apache.org
> >Subject: lucene 1.4 final src build error
> >
> >
> >Just trying to do a src build using ant on lucene 1.4 final.  and getting
> >compile error for SortComparator.java.  Any ideas?
> >
> >#####################################
> >D:\lucene-1.4-final>ant
> >Buildfile: build.xml
> >
> >init:
> >    [mkdir] Created dir: D:\lucene-1.4-final\build
> >    [mkdir] Created dir: D:\lucene-1.4-final\dist
> >
> >compile-core:
> >    [mkdir] Created dir: D:\lucene-1.4-final\build\classes\java
> >    [javac] Compiling 160 source files to
> >D:\lucene-1.4-final\build\classes\java
> >
> >    [javac]
> >D:\lucene-1.4-final\src\java\org\apache\lucene\search\SortComparator
> >.java:37: unreported exception java.io.IOException; must be caught or
> >declared to be thrown
> >    [javac]       protected Comparable[] cachedValues =
> >FieldCache.DEFAULT.getCustom (reader, field, SortComparator.this);
> >    [javac]                                                               
>^
> >    [javac] 1 error
> >
> >BUILD FAILED
> >D:\lucene-1.4-final\build.xml:140: Compile failed; see the compiler error
> >output
> >for details.
> >
> >Total time: 25 seconds
> >
> >###################################################
> >
> >should I just modify my own try and catch to the original src?  thanks.
> >
> >-juan
> >
> >_________________________________________________________________
> >Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!
> >http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/
> >
> >
> >---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >To unsubscribe, e-mail: lucene-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> >For additional commands, e-mail: lucene-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> >
> >---------------------------------------------------------------------
> >To unsubscribe, e-mail: lucene-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> >For additional commands, e-mail: lucene-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
> >
>
>_________________________________________________________________
>Don't just search. Find. Check out the new MSN Search!
>http://search.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200636ave/direct/01/
>
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: lucene-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: lucene-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>
>---------------------------------------------------------------------
>To unsubscribe, e-mail: lucene-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>For additional commands, e-mail: lucene-user-help@jakarta.apache.org
>

_________________________________________________________________
Discover the best of the best at MSN Luxury Living. http://lexus.msn.com/


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: lucene-user-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: lucene-user-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message