lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Bill Tschumy <b...@otherwise.com>
Subject Deleting a Doc found via a Query
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2004 01:46:44 GMT
I must be missing something here, but I can't see an easy way to delete
a Document that has been found via searching.  The delete() method of
IndexReader takes a docNum.  How do I get the docNum corresponding to
the Document in the Hits?

I tried scanning through all the Documents using IndexReader's
document(i) method, testing for equality (==) with my queried Document,
but it wasn't found.  I assume this is because the Documents returned
in Hits are copies of the Documents the document() method returns.
--
Bill Tschumy
Otherwise -- Austin, TX