lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: Wildcard search with my own analyzer
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:31:28 GMT

On Jul 15, 2004, at 10:02 AM, Morus Walter wrote:

> Joel Shellman writes:
>>
>> What do I need to do so that wildcard searching will work on this? I
>> am
>> using the same analyzer for indexing and searching (otherwise the
>> first
>> search wouldn't work either).
>>
> Check what query is produced (query.toString(...)).
> I guess that query parser which seems to be what you are using does not
> support wildcards within `"'.

Right... when you use double-quotes, a PhraseQuery is implied, and it
has no support for wildcards (currently).

Check the AnalysisParalysis page on the wiki for some insight into how
to go about trouble-shooting things like this.  First is to eliminate
QueryParser and see if you can make a query through the API that
matches what you're after.

	Erik