lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John Wang <>
Subject authentication support in lucene
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2004 17:59:27 GMT

    Maybe this has been asked before.

    Is there a plan to support ACL check on the documents in lucene?
Say I have a customized ACL check module, e.g.:

     boolean ACLCheck(int docID,String user,String password);

     And have some sort of framework to plug in something like that.

    I was looking at the Filter class. I guess I can read the entire
index, for each document, feed it to the authentication module, if
authenticated, bitset the docID and return the BitSet instance. I
sounds very slow for large hits. I guess  I can play with cacheing

     Any other ideas?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message