lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From John Wang <john.w...@gmail.com>
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 18:28:03 GMT
Hi gurus:

     I am trying to be able to control the indexing process.

     While lucene tokenizes the words in the document, it counts the
frequency and figures out the position, we are trying to bypass this
stage: For each document, I have a set of words with a know frequency,
e.g. java (5), lucene (6) etc. (I don't care about the position, so it
can always be 0.)

     What I can do now is to create a dummy document, e.g. "java java
java java java lucene lucene lucene lucene lucene" and pass it to
lucene.

     This seems hacky and cumbersome. Is there a better alternative? I
browsed around in the source code, but couldn't find anything.

      Too bad the Field class is final, otherwise I can derive from it
and do something on that line...

Thanks

-John