lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Armbrust, Daniel C." <Armbrust.Dan...@mayo.edu>
Subject RE: Lucene shouldn't use java.io.tmpdir
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 14:15:13 GMT
The problem I ran into the other day with the new lock location is that Person A had started
an index, ran into problems, erased the index and asked me to look at it.  I tried to rebuild
the index (in the same place on a Solaris machine) and found out that A) - her locks still
existed, B) - I didn't have a clue where it put the locks on the Solaris machine (since no
full path was given with the error - has this been fixed?) and C) - I didn't have permission
to remove her locks.

I think the locks should go back in the index, and we should fall back or give an option to
put them elsewhere for the case of the read-only index.

Dan