lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Florian Sauvin <flor...@archive.org>
Subject Token or not Token, PerFieldAnalyzer
Date Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:20:25 GMT
Hello,

When indexing a field, we have the choice of tokenizing it or not. I
have a custom analyzer that contains a tokenizer... does it mean that
if the boolean token is set to false, the analyzer is not applied on
the field content?

Everywhere in the documentation (and it seems logical) you say to use
the same analyzer for indexing and querying... how is this handled on
not tokenized fields?

In my case, I have certain fields on which I want the tokenization and
anlysis and everything to happen... but on other fields, I just want to
index the content as it is (no alterations at all) and not analyze at
query time... is that possible?

--

Florian